Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pippi May 30- 9 June

 Pippi was my baby, Pippi was my feathered friend, but mainly Pippi was mine, and I loved her. 

Pippi a fledgling Mockingbird flew in to my heart when we found her on the road abandoned. I took her in and cared for her, I loved her. I would take her out of her cage and call her and she would come to me, she would snuggle up against my leg, and I knew I loved her. She was always hungry, always wanted to play, and always wanted me,  but, I always loved her. 

On June 9th around 1:45 I went to feed her, I didn't hear her but, outside was loud with lawnmowers. I brought my camera to take pictures of her. I walked over placed my camera down, and looked in to her leafy box. (I covered the floor of her box with leaves so she would feel like she was in a tree, I did that because I loved her.) I looked inside, she was in the corner for a split second i didn't know, for a split second I said "hey pippi". Then I looked at her longer, then she didn't respond, then I knew. I knew she was gone but I didn't want to, I picked her up, I called her, I even said I was sorry. I placed her back in her box the way I found her. For a second I didn't know what to do, what to say, but mainly what to think, I didn't want my baby to be gone, because I loved her.

Now I sit here thinking about her, thinking about the last thing  Pippi and I did. I was playing with her and watching her walk around, and she came up to me, and hopped in my lap, and I said while petting her "I Love you Pippy." Then she rubbed her beck across my leg, and even then I knew she said "I love you" right back.

I will miss her very much, I will miss her in my lap, I will miss her calling me, I will miss her hoping around, I will miss her. She would try to fly out of her box to me to get food, from the way I found her on june 9th I know that she tried to fly out of her box, but when she missed she fell and broke her neck.

When she tried that last time to get out of her box, I know she was trying to get to me, her mother, because SHE LOVED ME.


Pippi  was my baby,

Pippi was my feathered friend, 

But Mainly she was mine, I loved her,

And she loved me.



                                                                  I love you Pippi.

10 comments:

  1. My baby. I am so sorry for any sadness you are feeling. Pippi has such an amazing life, even though it was short. She brought a lot of smiles and laughter into both of our lives. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the same comment I left on your mom's blog, changed just a tiny bit:
    I’m really sorry about the loss of the little bird. She was loved and cared for and treated like the precious thing she was during her life, and I hope that you can look back and realize that after the hurt fades. You did a wonderful thing in taking care of the little critter… respect for the smallest of lives is a lovely attribute and a sign of a kind and beautiful heart.

    I am so sorry, Sweetheart. I know you loved her. And that she loved you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about Pippi :( I hope that the sadness that you're feeling right now will, over time, be replaced just by the love and happiness you felt with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kei, what a beautiful, sad, heartfelt post about Pippi. It brought tears to my eyes. I know her life was short, but it was also filled with love because of the way you cared for her.

    I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kei,
    I am so sorry to hear about Pippi. I know that you were a fantastic, loving mama to her and that she had a wonderful life. You gave a part of your heart to her, and that's why it hurts so much right now. Our prayers for you sweet girl- that God would bring you peace, comfort, and strength right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kei, Jenn expressed beautifully what is in my heart. From every experience we are given a gift. Pippi gave you a gift of empathy, wonder and gave you the chance to experience the glory of nature. You gave her care, nurturing and nourishment. Pippi was fortunate to have hopped her way into your heart.

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keilee, I am so sorry to hear this. This kind of thing is never easy. I am sure Pippi knew that you loved her. You gave her such great care. This will be something you will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very sad. Pippi was so cute and I'm sorry that you've lost her. You seem like a very good mama to a little bird.

    —Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kei, my name is Lisa and I'm a blogging friend of your mom's. This post just has me in tears and I wanted to tell you terribly sorry I am for the loss of Pippi. What wonderful care you gave to her and I know that God blesses those who take care of those who cannot take care of themselves, sweet little animals included. Pippi never would have lived without you and your love. You made her life so very special. May God bless you always and give you some comfort and peace. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. we just wanted to send you hugs from texas. it's amazing how quickly and deeply animals become family to us. (((hugehugs)) to your heart-hurts today. she seems to have had a wonderful life while in your tender-loving care.

    ReplyDelete